Pumpkin Bran MuffinsIngredients
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (unpacked)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk*
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup** muffin tin with paper liners or grease well if not using liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, wheat bran, granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, buttermilk, and oil.
- Fold the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture just until combined. Divide the batter among the lined muffin cups (about 1/3 cup each) and bake until a wooden pick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
* Buttermilk can be substituted with regular milk mixed with 1 Tbsp lemon juice per cup of milk.
** Makes 48 small muffins. Bake for 8-12 minutes.