Yield: about 3 cups
- 2 16-oz cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/3 C tahini*
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lemon (3 Tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful parsley
- 3-4 green onions (use entire onion green and white parts), sliced
- 1/3 cup water (can increase or decrease for desired texture)
Serve with pita bread wedges or fresh vegetables.
* Tahini is smooth paste made from sesame seeds. Often it is found by the international foods or peanut butter in grocery stores.
Recipe Source: USU Dietetics