Pumpkin Zucchini MuffinsIngredients
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup wheat or oat bran
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2-1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk*
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare muffin tin** with oil or liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour-salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs, buttermilk, and oil.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and fold in zucchini if using.
- Fill muffin cups almost full and bake until a wooden pick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes**.
* Buttermilk can be substituted with regular milk mixed with 1 Tbsp lemon juice per cup of milk.
** Makes 12 normal or 48 small muffins. Bake small muffins for 8-12 minutes.